Hey there KiRBy, are you up to your ears in single-use disposable waste?
While we all need to do what we can to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it’s important to do so without creating lots of waste.
Recycling helps reduce what ends up in our landfills – or in our streets and waterways (and in communities around the globe that are the unfortunate recipients of much of what we discard).
But let’s stop making so much waste it in the first place! This goes even further to protect our natural resources, save energy, and cut the air pollutants & greenhouse emissions feeding climate change.
Here are 10 great ways to cut waste…
- Skip single-use food and drink containers and utensils – ask that they be left out of takeout and deliveries;
- Use a reusable bottle/cup for beverages on-the-go;
- Use reusable grocery bags, and not just for groceries;
- Plan your meals;
- Donate used goods to those in need;
- Compost whenever possible;
- Buy secondhand items;
- Shop local farmer’s markets;
- Buy in bulk to reduce packaging;
- Curb your use of paper: mail, receipts, magazines