The #GreatAmericanCleanup is starting to draw to a close for this spring. Volunteers have made a HUGE impact as everyone can see and feel. If you are one of these awesome volunteers and still have grabbers and other cleanup supplies to return, give us a shout: Cleanups@keeprocklandbeautiful.org. Let’s set a time to meet at our cool Supply Shed in the parking lot New City Bowl!!!
Keep Rockland Beautiful is seeking a highly motivated individual with a general interest in the environment to assist with the Great American Cleanup, a county-wide campaign during the months of April and May that engages thousands of volunteers throughout the county in removing tons of debris from our streets, parks, and waterways. Candidates should have a desire to improve local communities through litter prevention, cleanups, waste reduction, and water protection efforts.
The Assistant Cleanup Coordinator will provide assistance to the Cleanup Coordinator with volunteer outreach and support for cleanup events. This position is an opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in organizing community events, providing environmental education, and managing a not-for-profit organization.
The selected candidate must be an Orangetown Resident. This position requires some weekend availability April-June as per the scheduling of events.
Reports To: Cleanup Coordinator & Executive Director
Major Areas of Position:
- Volunteer Outreach
- Supply Distribution and Inventory
- Data Entry & Analysis
- Environmental Education
- Conduct and track volunteer outreach
- Provide cleanup orientations and education on waste reduction, recycling, storm water runoff and other environmental issues
- Distribute supplies and educational materials to volunteers
- Assess cleanup sites in accordance with the Keep America Beautiful Litter Index & determine required volunteer power.
- Respond to inquiries relating to cleanup registration and reporting via phone, email, and in-person
- Assist with logistics, check-in and reporting at Community Cleanup Events ; engage, assist, & direct volunteers accordingly.
- Data entry & database maintenance. Familiarity with Insightly CRM a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Effective communication, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable leading and speaking in front of groups.
- Ability to collect, evaluate, & interpret data.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and familiarity with Google Applications.
- Familiarity with environmental issues and willingness to learn. Capable of educating volunteers on environmental issues & sustainable practices, particularly recycling. Teaching experience a plus.
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure timely and effective completion of assignments.
- Comfortable working outdoors and ability to lift at least 20 lbs.
Education & Experience:
BA/BS or college student preferred. Candidate should have a general interest in the environment and/or the not-for-profit sector. Coursework in Environmental Science and sustainability issues a plus.
Flexible schedule – to be discussed with Cleanup Coordinator & Executive Director
Some weekend availability required between April-June
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Last Name, Assistant Cleanup Coordinator Position
It is the policy of Keep Rockland Beautiful not to discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, genetic information, or because he or she is a protected veteran. Keep Rockland Beautiful is dedicated to a fair and equal workplace; people of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Keep Rockland Beautiful is grateful for all the guests, artists, environmentalists, & members, old & new, who turned up to learn more about Keep Rockland Beautiful, get involved, & support our mission to make Rockland a cleaner, greener county.
We hope everyone enjoyed the evening: the food, the wonderful photos by Steve Aaron, and the preview of RoCA’s environmentally inspired exhibits coming this spring.
We welcomed four new board members to the Keep Rockland Beautiful team, and can’t wait to see what 2018 has in-store for our organization, our members, our volunteers, & the environment!