Application deadline: September 17, 2021
Want to become a part of the KRB team and help us make an impact in this county and beyond? KRB is seeking an experienced and skilled Development and Communications Assistant with a passion for protecting the environment and creating more sustainable communities.
Major Areas of Position:
- Fundraising campaigns and membership support
- Contact management
- Website development support and maintenance
- Email marketing and social media support
Fundraising campaigns and events, membership and donations
- Assist with identifying/cultivating sponsors, donors, and members through research, phone calls and email
- Track sponsorships, donations, memberships, and attendees and provide all needed follow-up in conjunction with campaigns and events. Work with bookkeeper to reconcile accounts.
- Draft/review/proof solicitation and acknowledgement letters
- Manage mailings – from the creation of database filters and mail merges to assemblage and distribution
- Provide onsite assistance at KRB events, such as Annual Meeting and Awards Gala
- Solicit and train volunteers from various agencies/organizations to support large-scale projects such as mass mailings and events
Website and social media
- Work with website consultant to maintain and update web pages and forms
- Assist Executive Director in creating bi-weekly e-mail blasts
- Oversee email marketing platform and e-newsletter dissemination
- Create and schedule social media posts, coordinating with Cleanup Coordinator during campaigns
- Maintain integrated data management system of volunteers, members, sponsors, donors, attendees and vendors
- Extract data from online forms and update systems as appropriate
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Basic understanding of web technologies and an interest in learning more web development skills – proficiency in Word Press a plus, as well as knowledge of HTML, CSS and other web development tools
- Creative skills in developing visual storytelling/marketing/e-newsletter communications
- Experience with posting on social media platforms
- Work well independently and alongside members of a team
- Knowledge of database and records management systems – experience with Insightly CRM a plus
- Passionate about KRB’s work and mission
- Potential to grow along with the organization
Education and Experience:
- At least two years of relevant work experience with excellent references
- Education/training in web design/development a plus
- Familiarity with/participation in Keep Rockland Beautiful programs a plus
- This is a 20 – 25 hour per week position, depending on the season and its activities. The fall Gala and spring Great American Cleanup are KRB’s largest fundraisers. We also run a fall membership drive. Support of occasional recurring events during evening hours and weekends will be expected.
Compensation: $18 – $25 per hour
- Flexible work scheduling
- Two weeks paid vacation
- 13 paid holidays
COVID-19 considerations: We ask that all employees be fully vaccinated and adhere to safety guidelines to prevent the spread of the disease.
Keep Rockland Beautiful is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We do not discriminate based on upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
NOTE: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Application deadline: September 17, 2021